I got this for my emergency kit. What Emergency kit would be complete without this? If your in emergency cold and need to start a fire it can be very hard to do. This product might even save your life in extreme emergency. You never know what can and will happen so it is best to be prepared as you can be. No I will not be building a underground bunker but I will have an emergency kit at all times.
Great things about the product:
Easy to use
First get a pile of dry tinder. It can be leaves, wood, dead plants etc. Note: this can even be lit in the rain but dry is better for a faster and longer fire. Then continue to the companies instructions.
1. Scrape Off Magnesium Shavings Into a Small Pile.
2. Firmly Hold The Striker Against the Flint at a 30°-45° Angle.
3. Apply Pressure While Sliding the Striker Down the Magnesium Rod, Allowing the Sparks to Land on the Pile.
4. Place Tinder or Paper on the Burning Magnesium Pile and Blow Gently.
5. Once the Tinder Has Ignited, Progressively Add Larger Kindling Until the FIRE Increases!
• Make Sure to Practice in a Controlled Environment Before Hand
• Keep Out of Reach From Children
• Always Put Out Your FIRE
I had to try this out being a tester and all that. :) I did start a fire but it took me a few tries for the first time. Now, I am so proud of my self and debating on buying another one for the emergency kit.
Product DescriptionWith the help of the Magnesium Survival Fire Starter, you will always be prepared for any journey you embark on! No longer will you have to struggle with the use of wet matches or lighters, because this fire starter is easy to use in any condition, wet or dry! It has a compact design convenient for travel, and also an attached lanyard for easy handling! The Magnesium Survival Fire Starter can be used for lighting camp fires, stoves, gas-barbecues, and much more! It contains a magnesium rod which creates schorching hot sparks that produces fires instantly! This Fire Starter is made of extremely durable military grade material which lasts for approximately 12,000 strikes. It is guranteed to function during all of your out-door endeavours, in any weather, including wind, rain, or snow!