quoted from webmd.
"Milk thistle is a plant. The above ground parts and seeds are used to make medicine. The seeds are more commonly used.
Milk thistle is used most often for liver disorders, including liver damage caused by chemicals, Amanita phalloides mushroom poisoning, jaundice, chronic inflammatory liver disease, cirrhosis of the liver, and chronic hepatitis. Nevertheless, researchers have not yet concluded with certainty that milk thistle is effective for any of these uses.
Milk thistle is also used for loss of appetite, heartburn (dyspepsia), and gallbladder complaints.
Some people use milk thistle for diabetes, hangover, diseases of the spleen, prostate cancer, malaria, depression, uterine complaints, increasing breast milk flow, allergy symptoms, and starting menstrual flow.
In foods, milk thistle leaves and flowers are eaten as a vegetable for salads and a substitute for spinach. The seeds are roasted for use as a coffee substitute. "
Product DescriptionComplete Milk Thistle by Whole Vitality
Milk Thistle is unique in its ability to protect the liver. The active ingredient, or liver-protecting compound in milk thistle is known as silymarin. Silymarin is a unique group of flavonoids which provide antioxidant protection and help support liver health.*
Why Is the Liver So Important?
The liver constantly performs more than 500 different functions to keep our body's internal environment healthy.
The liver filters and helps detoxify against chemical and environmental pollutants that we are exposed to on a daily basis, as well as the processing and storage of nutrients, metabolizing of drugs, alcohol and other toxins and chemicals within our body.
In our modern world, our bodies are exposed to the constant stress of pollutions and chemicals every single day. The liver filters and helps detoxify against chemical and environmental pollutants that we are exposed to on a daily basis.
Pesticides, pollution, smog, second hand smoke through to a diet of largely processed foods, high in sugar and unhealthy fats, along with alcohol, artificial sweeteners and other highly refined food additives. Toxic build up can lead to headaches, fatigue, digestion issues, skin problems, and even impaired immune function which over time, can take a serious toll on your health.*
Milk thistle plays a vital and beneficial support role in detoxification.
The Many Health Benefits of All Natural Milk Thistle from Whole Vitality
- Contains silymarin a powerful antioxidant that supports liver health.*
- Reduces inflammation and oxidative stress
- Boosts immune system
- Can help lower cholesterol levels, which benefits the heart.*
- Milk Thistle Works as a Liver Detox and a Liver Cleanse.
- Complete Highest Quality Blend of Milk Thistle. All Natural Formula Standardized to 80% Silymarin from Milk Thistle Seed.
- Whole Vitality's Pure Milk Thistle is Formulated to Support and Protect Liver Health and Liver Function.
- Milk Thistle has Immune Boosting Properties that Supports and Boost Immunity by Fighting Free Radical Damage with its Superior Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Capabilities.*
- Made in USA. Manufactured in FDA-registered and inspected facility and GMP-certified laboratory to the highest standards for quality, potency and purity.